Product Ads on Amazon is a cost-per-click advertising program that puts your products in front of millions of Amazon.com customers. Your ads will be displayed in highly targeted placements throughout the Amazon.com site and when customers are interested in buying your product, they click through to your website and purchase the product directly from you.
Get $75 in free clicks!
If you are new to Product Ads on Amazon:
- To list with Product Ads on Amazon, you will need to first create a Product Ads account. Visit this signup link to get started. Be sure to use this link, as it will indicate to Amazon that you are a SingleFeed merchant.
- At this time Products Ads is not available across all Amazon categories. For a list of available categories visit the Product Ads category rates page. Apparel, shoe, beauty, grocery, and jewelry retailers will need to get pre-approved by Amazon. Amazon does not accept merchants selling adult products.
- Amazon will collect store, contact, and billing information from you during the signup process. Be sure to save the username and password you select, as you will need to provide this to SingleFeed later in the process.
- Once your Amazon account has been created, and you are logged into Seller Central, Select the "Upload Your Products" link in the "Getting Started with Product Ads" box.
Open the drop-down menu in the Upload inventory files section and select "FTP Setting". You can retrieve your ftp login credentials here. Keep these handy as you will need to enter this information into your SingleFeed account.
Adjust your Notification Settings
- Click on the "Settings" tab within your Product Ads account and select the "Account Info" option to adjust your Notification Options.
- The 3rd section down on the “Account Info” page is “Notification Preferences” and you’ll want to click the “Edit” button located all the way to the right on the same line that says “Notification Preferences.” Under both "Feed upload reminders" and "Feed processing summary," click the “Add another” link and enter the address firstname.lastname@example.org to both categories.
Now, you’re all done in Amazon! Return to your SingleFeed account, click to the Engines page and click on the “Amazon Product Ads” box. Enter all of the information you just created, make sure the “Activate Engine” box is checked, and click the “Save Changes” button.
Your first feed submission to Amazon will occur within 24 hours of activating the engine, assuming you have active, categorized products in your SingleFeed account. From there, it can take 1 - 2 weeks for Amazon to review, process, and publish your listings.
If you already have a “Product Ads” or a “Selling on Amazon” (SOA) account:
- If you already have access to the Amazon Seller Central, you will need to activate the FTP functionality (if you haven’t already) and edit your notification settings. Simply log in to Amazon Seller Central and follow the directions above.
- Merchants will need to use a different Business name for their Product Ads account. You can modify the name of your account by using underscores or spaces. One point to note is that the business name will show to customers in the product ad, so it should not be too different from your website name.
- You cannot register a new account with the same name as an existing account. Across all Amazon Services a specific seller name can only be used once. If your client wants to use multiple Amazon programs for the new account you can modify the name by adding or removing spaces or underscores in the seller name. Note that you cannot create an account in any program using a URL that includes any URL extension (i.e. .com, .net, .biz, etc.).
- If you are using the same email address for your Product Ads account and your Selling on Amazon account, you will need to use a different password.
Special Note - Categories Requiring Approval
For a small set of product categories, Amazon is currently controlling the type of selection added to the store. Sellers need to meet certain requirements in order to list in specific categories. The primary reason for doing this is customer experience. If you believe you are able to meet these requirements you will need to submit a request to Amazon for approval to list. Current categories requiring approval are:
- Wine,Beer and Spirits
Open categories welcome new sellers. You can sign-up now to sell in any open category, or if you would like assistance, fill out the contact us form and we will contact you shortly. Current open categories are:
- Health and Beauty
- Home Improvement
- Musical INsturments
- Pet Supplies
Categories Not Supported
- BooksAuto Parts and Accessirues
- CS and Vinyl
- Cell PHone and Accesssories
- Kindle Accessories
- Motorcycles, ATV and Protective Gear
- Software and Computer Games
- Video Game Consoles
- Video Games
- Videos VHS