If you are on a Yahoo! Merchant Solutions platform, SingleFeed can pull information from your objinfo.xml and catalog.xml files to create your SingleFeed file. But those default values may be limiting you from having a good quality feed. As you may have heard before, SingleFeed recommends that you include as many fields as you can! With that in mind, you may want to know how to add additional fields to your Yahoo! XML files. Below is a step-by-step guide on how to do that.
As an example, let's say you want to add the "Manufacturer" field.
1. Log on to your store editor
2. Go to the catalog manager
3. Click on "Manage Your Tables"
4. Click on "default-table" or the table you want to add new fields too.
5. Locate "Shopping Field"s and click on edit
6. From the "Select Field" drop down, select "manufacturer" and click on add field.
7. Click "update"
8. Click on the "Save" button
9. Go back to your store editor and edit individual item's manufacturer field.
Please note that in order to have SingleFeed pull your new fields, you must name them exactly as they are specified in the Support Fields list. If this will not be possible, you'll need to follow these next steps:
1. Once the revised XML files have been imported to your SingleFeed account, download a copy of your SingleFeed file and rename the new fields based on the Supported Fields convention.
2. Upload your manually edited file to your SingleFeed account.
3. Turn on Data sync for those manually edited fields.